MARADMINS : 534/16
R 061938Z Oct 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/CONVERSION TO ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE PERSON IDENTIFIER FOR IDENTIFICATION IN THE MILITARY DRUG TESTING PROGRAM//
REF/B/MSGID:LTR/HQMC C4 MEMO/YMD:20160728//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN TO TRANSITION TO ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE PERSON IDENTIFIER FOR IDENTIFICATION IN THE MILITARY DRUG TESTING PROGRAM. REF B IS THE CERTIFICATION ACCREDITATION MEMO FOR THE DRUG TESTING PROGRAM TO OPERATE ON MARINE CORPS ENTERPRISE NETWORK//
POC/E. HOLLINS/CIV/UNIT:MFCP-1/-/TEL:DSN 278-9526/EMAIL:ERIC.C.HOLLINS(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides amplifying guidance on the transition from using Social Security numbers (SSN) for identification purposes.
2. Effective on 1 November 2016, the use of SSNs for identification purposes will no longer be utilized in the drug testing program process.
3. The Department of Defense (DoD) Electronic Data Interchange Person Identifier (EDIPI) will be used for identification purposes during urinalysis collection.
4. Unit Substance Abuse Control Officers (SACO) should contact their respective G6 to have the newest version of the DoD Drug Testing Program-Client Collection Software (DTP-CCS) Version:5.4 installed on their workstation. Respective G6 should refer to 2016-0642.
5. Installation Drug Demand Reduction Coordinators, unit SACOs, and Urinalysis Program Coordinators can contact the POC for additional information.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps and the Marine Corps Reserve.
7. Release authorized by MajGen B. W. Whitman, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//