MARADMINS : 561/16
R 251555Z OCT 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/COMMARCORSYSCOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 2016 MARINE CORPS AMMUNITION AWARDS PROGRAM (MCAAP)//
REF/A/MCO 1650.52A/7 FEB 11//
AMPN/REF/A/MARINE CORPS AMMUNITION AWARDS PROGRAM (MCAAP)//
POC/W.E. LANHAM/LTCOL/DEPUTY PROGRAM MANAGER, AMMUNITION/-/TEL: 703-432-8778/EMAIL: WILLIAM.LANHAM(AT)USMC.MIL/I.GONZALES/GYSGT/INVENTORY ACCURACY CHIEF, PROGRAM MANAGER, AMMUNITION/-/TEL: 703-432-8796/EMAIL: ISRAEL.GONZALES(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this message is to solicit nominees for the 2016 Marine Corps Ammunition Awards Program (MCAAP). This program was established to recognize the exemplary performance of Ammunition Officers and Ammunition Technicians in the operating forces, supporting establishments, and the Marine Corps Reserve who have made significant contributions while serving in an ammunition billet in their units assigned mission and who embody the Marine Corps values of Honor, Courage, and Commitment. The MCAAP encompasses four individual awards for Ammunition Officers and Ammunition Technicians serving within the Ammunition Community.
2. Inclusive dates for the awards are 1 January 2016 to 31 December 2016.
3. This program features four award categories and solicits nominations for the following awards:
3.A. The Ammunition Officer of the Year Award (Warrant Officer-Captain).
3.B. The Ammunition Staff Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year Award(Staff Sergeant-Gunnery Sergeant).
3.C. The Ammunition Technician Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year Award (Corporal-Sergeant).
3.D. The Ammunition Technician of the Year Award (Private-Lance Corporal).
4.A. Nominees must set a standard of technical and professional excellence by exhibiting the leadership traits and principles of a Marine, to include the MOS knowledge expected of an Ammunition Officer or Ammunition Technician of the appropriate rank.
4.B. Nominees should be recognized by seniors, peers and subordinates as Marines who best exemplify outstanding performance and technical expertise that significantly and positively impacts their units mission accomplishment with regards to ammunition logistics.
5. A sample nomination package is included in Reference A, enclosure 1. Award nomination packages shall include:
5.A. Nomination letter from command, with chain of command endorsements.
5.B. Unit point of contact to include phone number and email address.
5.C. Phone number and email address for each nominee.
5.D. A summary of performance that provides a concise resume of qualifications, including billet description and significant contributions to the command. Not to exceed two pages, using 12-pitch courier new.
5.E. A career biography of nominee.
5.F. An official photograph taken within the last twelve months.
5.G. A proposed citation not to exceed 20 typewritten lines, using 12-pitch courier new font.
5.H. Do not include SSN for award nominees.
6. Each Marine Corps Major Command - Marine Division, Marine Logistics Group (MLG), Marine Air Wing (MAW), MEF Headquarters Group (MHG), Base, Posts and Stations, are encouraged to submit as many nominations as deemed eligible for consideration for each award category.
7. Commands with personnel who meet the criteria contained in Reference A are encouraged to submit nominations via the endorsing chain of command, ending with the endorsement by the first General Officer in the chain of command. All nomination packages shall be sent electronically via e-mail to: ammomail(at)usmc.mil in a PDF file not to exceed 10mb. The subject line should read: "2016 Marine Corps Ammunition Awards Program, award category, ICO rank/name".
8. PM, Ammunition must receive nomination packages no later than 17 February 2017.
9. Include in package submission, BIR and BTR.
10. At the conclusion of the convening board, selected awardees will be announced via SEPCOR to include coordinating instructions for awardees. The Commander, Marine Corps Systems Command (COMMARCORSYSCOM) and the Marine Corps Association Foundation will recognize the award recipients during an award presentation that will be held in May 2017.
11. For additional information about this MCAAP awards program, contact GySgt Gonzales, PM, Ammunition at Israel.gonzales(at)usmc.mil or (703)432-8796.
12. Ensure widest dissemination of the contents of this message.
13. Release authorized by BGen J. F. Shrader, Commander, Marine Corps Systems Command.//