MARADMINS : 565/16
R 260935Z Oct 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY17 SNCO MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS FOR NON-SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS (NON-SDA)//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/YMD: 20161012//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: ENLPROMMAN). REF B, AUTHORIZATION FOR THE FY17 NON-SDA MERITORIOUS ALLOCATIONS FOR STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS.//
POC/CHRISTINA. R. UPTON/MAJ CMC MMPR-2/TEL: DSN 278-9711 EMAIL: CHRISTINA.UPTON(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide the FY 2017 meritorious promotion allocations for Non-SDA to commanding generals and commanding officers. Commands identified as being a "subordinate command" are identified as such for administrative purposes only to establish Non-SDA meritorious promotion allocation distribution and has no effect on existing reporting or operational controls.
2. The FY17 meritorious promotion allocations among Non-SDA are:
CMD SSgt/GySgt Allocations
(ADMIN SUPPORTED UNITS E.G. MEPS, NROTC)
M(andRA SNCO BOARD 1/1
Note: MCRC/LogCom nominee packages should be delivered to the Manpower and Reserve Affairs SNCO meritorious promotion board no later than 1 February 2017. For questions, contact the Manpower and Reserve Affairs Sergeant Major at comm: (703)784-9012 or DSN: 278-9012. All other commands listed above should refer to paragraph 4 for further guidance.
3. Meritorious promotions among Non-SDA will have an effective date of 2 April 2017.
4. Commanders with specific allocations listed above will convene selection boards within their commands to nominate Marines for meritorious promotion by CMC. The recommendations of the selection boards for the meritorious promotion of Marines to gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant among Non-SDA will be endorsed by the commander and submitted via naval message to the CMC (MMPR-2). The message must be received no later than 1 February 2017. Upon review and approval of the nominations by the CMC (MM), promotion unit diary entry will be entered by HQMC (Marines already selected for the next higher grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade if their seniority number has not been reached). Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance with reference (a). Allocations will not be carried over past 2 April 2017.
5. For Enlisted Promotion matters please call comm: (703)784-9718 OR DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: EnlistedPromotions(AT)usmc.mil. Click on Compatibility View Settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select" Active Marine," "Manpower Management (MM)," "Promotion Branch," then "Enlisted Promotions." From there click on "message traffic," then "SNCO messages," then click on the meritorious tab.
6. Release authorized by MajGen Craig Q. Timberlake, Director, Manpower Management Division.//