MARADMINS : 571/16
R 010820Z Nov 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY17 MANPOWER MANAGEMENT RECORDS AND PERFORMANCE (MMRP) BRANCH/PROMOTIONS BRANCH (MMPR) EAST COAST COMMAND VISIT//
REF/B/MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2//
REF/C/MCO P1400.31C W/CH 1//
NARR/REF A IS THE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (SHORT TITLE: PES) MANUAL. REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: ENLPROMMAN). REF C IS THE MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 1, OFFICER PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: MARCORPPROMMAN, VOL 1, OFFPROM).//
POC/B. L. PENNINGTON/CAPT/MMRP-31/TEL: DSN 278-5686 EMAIL: BENJAMIN.PENNINGTON(AT)USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In response to requests from the operating force, and in an effort to address the recognized educational shortfall of the Marine Corps performance evaluation and promotion processes, MMRP and MMPR will provide a comprehensive summary of the evaluation and promotion processes.
2. From 15 to 18 November 2016, MMRP and MMPR will visit the below designated east coast locations to conduct a series of briefs in order to equip reporting officials with the knowledge to improve the quality and accuracy of their fitness report writing, and to broaden their understanding of the evaluation and promotion processes.
3. MMRP and MMPR personnel will conduct briefs at east coast locations per the following schedule:
Base Date Time(s) Location
MCRD Parris Island 15 Nov 0800-1200 Base Theater
MCAS Beaufort 15 Nov 1300-1700 Base Theater
MCB Camp Lejeune 16 Nov 0800-1200/1300-1700 Base Theater
MCAS New River 17 Nov 0800-1200 Base Theater
MCAS Cherry Point 18 Nov 0800-1200 Base Theater
4. Target Audience: All officers and senior staff non-commissioned officers.
5. Timeframe: Each brief will be approximately one hour in length. The first three hours will consist of briefs on career counselings, performance evaluations, and promotions. The last hour will be an open forum for attendees to ask questions.
6. Reporting officials should come equipped with the RS Average and RS High numbers for each of their profiles. RS profile information can be obtained through the “RSRO” tab in your OMPF, which can be accessed via the “OMPF” tab in MOL.
7. Maximum participation and support from all levels of command is essential.
7.a. POC for MMPR is Maj Upton, Christina R. DSN 278-9711 COM (703)784-9711, or Email: christina.upton(at)usmc.mil.
7.b. POC for MMRP is Capt Pennington, Benjamin L. DSN 278-5686 COM (703)784-5686, or Email: benjamin.pennington(at)usmc.mil.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Craig Q. Timberlake, Director, Manpower Management Division.//