MARADMINS : 576/16
R 041853Z Nov 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/SOLICITATION FOR NOMINEES FOR SELECTION AND ASSIGNMENT TO THE MARINE CORPS ENLISTED AIDE PROGRAM NMOS 3372//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1306.18/YMD: 20101021//
AMPN/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS ENLISTED AIDE PROGRAM//
POC/G. J. SPINELLI/LTCOL/UNIT: MCICOM G-4/-/TEL: 703-604-4170//
POC/N. B. SHIPPEE/MSGT/UNIT: DC IL/-/TEL: 202-433-2523//
POC/B. M. VELLOZA/MGYSGT/UNIT: MCICOM G-4/-/TEL: 703-604-4159//
POC/C. T. HUGHES/GYSGT/UNIT: DC IL/-/TEL: 202-433-2723//
POC/T. B. WALKER/MSGT/MMEA/MOS MONITOR/703-784-9250//
1. Purpose: This MARADMIN solicits nominees for selection to the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program MCEAP.
2. Marine Corps Enlisted Aides are assigned to work for General Officers to relieve them of those tasks and details which, if performed by the officer, would be at the expense of the Generals primary military and official duties. Marine Corps Enlisted Aide duties include tasks that relate exclusively to the military and official responsibilities of those officers to which the aide is assigned. These duties include assistance in discharging official DOD social responsibilities inherent in certain flag and General Officer positions.
3. The MCEAP is the overarching program responsible for recruiting, selection, training, assignment and management of Marines assigned duty in government quarters and DOD Messes as required including the White House, SECDEF, CJCS, and SECNAV. Marines will get an opportunity to attend some of the best culinary schools in the military to include Advance Culinary, Enlisted Aide Course, Culinary Institute of America, Starkey Household Management, Professional Bartending, and Wilton Cake Decorating. Marine Corps Enlisted Aides are highly trained Residence Managers and Culinarians that are highly marketable in the civilian sector due to the nature of their acquired management and culinary skill sets as well as their level of experience.
4. Nominees must be volunteers and demonstrate an exemplary level of maturity, leadership, desire to attain culinary increased expertise, and a willingness to perform consistently at an executive level as Marine Corps Food Service Specialists.
5. The normal tour of duty in the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program will be no less than 36 months and usually no more than 60 months.
6. A panel of senior officer and enlisted food service experts will review all nominations and forward recommendations to the Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics DC, IL for consideration and approval.
7. Selectees will first be temporarily assigned to the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program, at Marine Barracks Washington MBW, for a screening and evaluation prior to acceptance into the program. Upon confirmation of acceptance, post evaluation, Marines will be permanently assigned to MBW for training prior to assignment to General Officers quarters for duty.
8. Base, Station, and Operating Force Commanders shall use the following prerequisites to solicit volunteers and nominees:
8.A. Must be a food service specialist PMOS 3381.
8.B. Active duty Corporal through Gunnery Sergeant.
8.C. Must meet all regular retention standards.
8.D. Must meet the time on station TOS requirements for execution of orders.
8.E. Must epitomize the Whole Marine Concept through performance achievements in basic warfighter skills as well as within the MOS.
9. Command Nominations. All nominations will be forwarded and endorsed by the first General Officer in the Marines chain of command.
10. Commanders shall submit nominations via naval correspondence and electronic mail to DC, IL LF NLT 30 September current fiscal year. Nomination packages will consist of the following:
10.A. Administrative Action Form NAVMC 10274.
10.C. SRB PAGES 3,11,12.
10.E. Official Photograph, Service C.
10.F. Professional Biography stating nominees experience and work history.
10.G. Professional Certifications.
10.H. Independent Duty Screening Checklist and Financial Worksheet.
10.I. Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Questionnaire.
11. All packages will include the nominating units address, point of contact, and phone number comm/DSN. The mailing address for all nomination packages is as follows:
COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS
HQMC, IL, LF, MCICOM G-4
NAVAL SUPPORT FACILITY-ARLINGTON
701 S. COURTHOUSE ROAD
BUILDING 12 RM 2J155
ARLINGTON, VA 22204-2469
12. Food Service Officers and Food Technicians throughout all bases, stations, and in the operating forces will educate food service Marines on the importance and elements of the Marine Corps Enlisted Aide Program and aggressively assist in recruiting the highest quality Marines for the program accordingly.
13. Release authorized by LtGen Michael G. Dana Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics.//