FY18 ASSISTANT MARINE OFFICER INSTRUCTOR (AMOI) AND OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) BILLET VACANCIES
Date Signed: 9/14/2017
MARADMINS Number: 509/17
R130912Z SEP 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY18 ASSISTANT MARINE OFFICER INSTRUCTOR (AMOI) AND OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) BILLET VACANCIES//
NARR/REF A IS MCO P1326.6D W CH 2, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS AND INDEPENDENT DUTIES (SDAMAN). REF B IS MCO 1300.8, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF C IS MCBUL 1020 MARINE CORPS TATTOO POLICY. REF D IS MARADMIN 091/17 DIRECTED ASSIGNMENT OF PRIOR DRILL INSTRUCTORS.//
POC/D.P. HOOPER/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9335/EMAIL: DONALD.P.HOOPER@USMC.MIL//
POC/I.O. GOUDYREV/CAPT/MMEA-25/TEL: 703-432-9472/EMAIL: IVAN.GOUDYREV@USMC.MIL//
POC/C.J. JOHNSON/GYSGT/DRILL INSTRUCTOR MONITOR/TEL: 703-432-9475/EMAIL: CHRISTOPHER.J.JOHNSON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the provisions and billet vacancies for the FY18 AMOI and OCS programs, and to solicit applications from qualified Marines.
2. Based on the recent review of Marine Corps billets that require an AMOI or an OCS instructor, the FY18 AMOI and OCS selection board will accept applications for projected vacancies listed below.
2.a. The FY18 AMOI and OCS selection board is scheduled to convene at Headquarters Marine Corps on or about 15 November 2017. The results will be published via MarAdmin in December 2017.
2.b. Following completion of the AMOI and OCS board, MMEA will release an additional list of qualified prior Drill Instructors selected for directed assignment to remaining FY18 vacancies in accordance with reference (d).
2.c. AMOI and OCS vacancies:
University/Vacancy MCC Location
NROTC The Citadel H07 Charleston, SC
NROTC Morehouse H09 Atlanta, GA
NROTC Florida A(and)M University H19 Tallahassee, FL
NROTC University of Michigan H42 Ann Arbor, MI
NROTC University of Nebraska H50 Lincoln, NE
NROTC Old Dominion University H59 Norfolk, VA
NROTC University of Oklahoma H62 Norman, OK
NROTC Pennsylvania State University H66 University Park, PA
NROTC University of Pennsylvania H68 Philadelphia, PA
NROTC Purdue University H72 West Lafayette, IN
NROTC Rice University H76 Houston, TX
NROTC University of Rochester H78 Rochester, NY
NROTC University of Texas H86 Austin, TX
NROTC Texas A(and)M University H89 College Station, TX
NROTC University of Washington H95 Seattle, WA
NROTC Rutgers University H97 New Brunswick, NJ
NROTC Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University HAD Jacksonville, FL
USMC Officer Candidates School 069 Quantico, VA
Navy Officer Training Command K55 Newport, RI
US Naval Academy J38 Annapolis, MD
Naval Chaplaincy School J51 Fort Jackson, SC
2.d. Additionally, the board will consider requests for assignment to leadership billets at MCRD Parris Island, SC and MCRD San Diego, CA.
2.e. In addition to the AMOI/OCS billets listed above, other billet vacancies may become available prior to the convening of the selection board. The additional billets will result from the selection for promotion from the FY18 Sergeant Major through Master Sergeant selection board of those Marines currently on SDA.
3. Tour Length. Leadership assignments at MCRDs are 24-month tours. All other assignments are 36-month tours.
4. Eligibility requirements. In addition to the eligibility requirements contained in reference (a), Marines applying for the above mentioned billets must meet and comply with the following criteria:
4.a. Regular active duty Marines in the grade of Staff Sergeant through Master Sergeant.
4.b. Have successfully completed their first tour as a Drill Instructor.
4.c. Possess a minimum General Technical score of 100 (AMOI duty only).
4.d. Meet height and weight standards or be within body fat standards.
4.e. Possess a current first class Physical Fitness Test score at the time of submission.
4.f. Served a minimum of 36 months in Primary MOS since last SDA tour at estimated date of departure. Waiverable by HQMC to 24 months based upon the needs of the Marine Corps.
4.g. Have 36 months Time On Station (TOS) at estimated date of departure, in accordance with reference (b). Waiverable by HQMC to 24 months based upon the needs of the Marine Corps. Time on Station requirements for Marines requesting assignment in the same geographic location do not apply.
4.h. Marines serving at an overseas location will be required to complete the prescribed overseas tour length prior to reporting to their assignment in the Continental United States, in accordance with reference (b).
4.i. Requests for retirement that would reduce the prescribed tour length will not normally receive a favorable consideration.
4.j. Marines requesting assignment to leadership billets at MCRDs must be in compliance with the current Marine Corps Tattoo Policy, listed in reference (c). Commanding Officers may request an exception to policy from Director, MM for exceptionally qualified Marines.
4.k. Marines applying for this program must be willing to accept assignment to any vacancy listed in paragraph 2.c.
5. Marines selected for AMOI duty will be required to execute their PCS moves and report to their respective NROTC units no later than 1 April 2018. Upon reporting in, Marines should expect to augment OCS summer training from May through August 2018. Marines selected for other duties can expect to report in no earlier than May 2018 to their respective locations.
6. No later than 1 November 2017, applications with attachments must be submitted electronically using the Special Duty Assignment request in the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to CMC (MMEA-25) via the normal Reenlistment Extension Lateral Move (RELM) routing chain. Unit Career Planners have access to the TFRS program. The enclosures to the RELM will contain the following:
6.a. Administrative Action (AA) form listing in order of precedence (1 through 21) the billets for which applying, dates served on Drill Instructor Duty, and any other relevant information that should be considered by the board. Gunnery Sergeants must annotate their promotion preference (M or F).
6.b. Independent Duty Checklist, provided in appendix E to reference (a).
6.c. Current promotion style photo taken in the last 12 months.
6.d. 360 degree photos in PT gear with individual tattoo pictures taken with measurement tools provided in reference (c).
7. This MarAdmin is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//