NATIONAL RETIREMENT SECURITY WEEK 2017
Date Signed: 9/18/2017
MARADMINS Number: 519/17
R 181940Z SEP 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/NATIONAL RETIREMENT SECURITY WEEK 2017//
POC/Jessica Perdew/CIV/Unit: MFR/TEL: 703-784-9550/703-784-9386/email: Jessica.Perdew@usmc.mil//
POC/Ronald Garner/MAJ/UNIT: MPO/TEL: 703-784-9563/email: email@example.com//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Department of Defense and the Marine Corps are participating in National Retirement Security Week (NRSW) from 15 October 2017 to 21 October 2017. NRSW, sponsored by the National Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrators, is an annual opportunity for Marines and families to focus on financial readiness and retirement security. This year is especially important as a large portion of Marines are facing the choice of opting-in to the new Blended Retirement System (BRS) in 2018.
2. As a Total Force command program, NRSW is an excellent opportunity for leaders at all levels to motivate and educate Marines and families. Commanders are encouraged to sign a command proclamation in support of NRSW and by sponsoring and supporting NRSW events.
3. Installation Personal Financial Management (PFM) personnel, and commanders at locations without PFM staff, are tasked with organizing and executing NRSW campaign activities. NRSW support materials have been provided to installation PFMs and Family Readiness Officers. Approved financial resources can provide guest speakers, Personal Financial Counselors, special financial products, and presentations to enhance campaign efforts. Installations and commanders are encouraged to partner with installation financial institutions and approved financial resources. PFM staff, and commanders at locations without PFM staff, are encouraged to submit a campaign plan to the HQMC PFM Program Manager no later than 30 September 2017. Locally coordinated, developed, and approved campaign plans should include scheduled activities, partners participating and communication/outreach methods. Installations and commanders are encouraged to document activities in photos and submit photos to the Marine and Family Programs POC listed in this MARADMIN.
4. Additional NRSW campaign and financial education information is available from installation PFM staff or unit Command Financial Specialists. Additional BRS information is available on the BRS website at http:(SLASH)(SLASH)militarypay.defense.gov/BlendedRetirement and additional NRSW resources are found at https:(SLASH)(SLASH)ehqmc.usmc.mil/sites/family/mfr/Pages/PFM_Observances.aspx.
5. This MARADMIN is cancelled 31 October 2017.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by LtGen Michael A. Rocco, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//