ANNOUNCEMENT OF DEFENSE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE SENIOR LEADER DEVELOPMENT TRAINING FOR CY 2018
Date Signed: 10/10/2017
MARADMINS Number: 556/17
R 101920Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF DEFENSE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE SENIOR LEADER DEVELOPMENT TRAINING FOR CY 2018//
POC/JOSEPH FORBES/CAPT/UNIT: DEOMI/-/TEL: (321)494-6586/TEL: DSN 854-6586/JOSEPH.FORBES@US.AF.MIL//
POC/MICHELLE CHADWICK/1STLT/UNIT: MPE/-/ TEL: (703)784-9371/TEL: DSN 278- 9371/MICHELLE.CHADWICK@USMC.MIL//
POC/ROBERT RAINES/CIV/UNIT: MPE/-/TEL: (703)784-9371/TEL: DSN 278- 9371/ROBERT.RAINES@USMC.MIL//
POC/FERMAN C. MCLAUGHLIN/MGYSGT/UNIT: MPE/-/TEL: (703)784-9371/TEL: DSN 278-9371/FERMAN.MCLAUGHLIN@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Senior Leader Development Training (SLDT) provides leaders with an orientation on the intrapersonal, interpersonal, and organizational aspects of human relations in order to gain an understanding of their impact on unit cohesion and mission effectiveness. The SLDT is for the strategic decision makers and is designed for officers (Commanders and key staff/department heads O-4 to O-6), senior enlisted members (E-7 to E-9), and civilians (GS-12 to GS-15), including legal officers, chaplains, and Inspector General Personnel in leadership positions.
2. The SLDT is conducted in a joint service environment and follows a building block approach, using instructional segments on intrapersonal awareness, interpersonal communications, and organizational behavior. The intent of SLDT is to raise awareness of personnel dynamics and incorporate personal and professional experiences in solving organizational issues in values and prejudices. The SLDT is divided into the following topics: socialization and values, communicating across differences, conflict management, sexual harassment awareness, system vs victim focus, religious diversity, power, prejudice and discrimination, racism, sexism, extremism, institutional discrimination, capitalizing on diversity, sexual assault prevention and response awareness, and assessment considerations. The duration of SLDT is 5 days consisting of at least 40 hours of instruction.
3. The dates for the CY 2018 SLDT are:
Seminar Registration Convenes Graduates
LTAS 18B 08 Feb 18 05 Mar 18 09 Mar 18
LTAS 18C 21 Apr 18 21 May 18 25 May 18
LTAS 18D 13 Jul 18 13 Aug 18 17 Aug 18
LTAS 19A 29 Sep 18 29 Oct 18 02 Nov 18
4. A limited number of quotas have been made available to the Marine Corps for each training. Individuals requesting seats must submit their request via their chain of command to their Equal Opportunity Advisor (EOA) utilizing the SF 182 Form. The EOA will submit the request to CMC (MPE) for registration. The CMC (MPE) will notify the respective EOA of the individuals selected to attend SLDT.
5. Funding is the responsibility of the attendee’s command and attendees should bring sufficient funds to defray expenses.
6. Billeting will be coordinated with DEOMI via the Space Coast Inn, Patrick AFB, FL at 321-494-5428 or DSN 854-5428. Departure should not be arranged prior to 1800 on the graduation date. The uniform of the day is civilian business casual.
7. Travel arrangements are the responsibility of the attendee. The nearest airports are in Melbourne, FL or Orlando, FL. Authorization for a rental vehicle is recommended due to location of lodging and dining facilities.
8. Direct liaison with DEOMI is not authorized. Contact your command or servicing EOA for additional information or questions.
9. Release authorized by BGen S. F. Benedict, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//