FY18 1ST SEMI-ANNUAL SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS
Date Signed: 10/11/2017
MARADMINS Number: 565/17
R 111118Z OCT 17
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY18 1ST SEMI-ANNUAL SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/YMD: 20170926//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/191450ZDEC16//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: ENLPROMMAN). REF B, AUTHORIZATION FOR THE FY18 SEMI-ANNUAL SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS. REF C CONTAINS THE EXEMPTION TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS.//
POC/CHRISTINA R. UPTON/MAJ/CMC MMPR-2/TEL: DSN 278-9711/EMAIL: CHRISTINA.UPTON@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide the FY18 meritorious promotion allocations for SDA to commanding generals and commanding officers for the first semi-annual period.
2. Background. These meritorious SNCO promotion allocations provide commanders the opportunity to nominate a select number of Marines for meritorious promotion to the grades of gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant. Meritorious promotions recognize Marines for their superior potential for increased responsibility based upon their extraordinary performance, sacrifice, and contribution to the success of the Marine Corps.
3. Commanders with allocations listed in paragraph 4 will convene selection boards within their commands and nominate Marines for meritorious promotion by the CMC. The recommendations of the selection boards for the meritorious promotion of Marines to gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant among SDA will be endorsed by the commander and submitted via naval message to CMC (MMPR-2). The message must be received no later than 2 December 2017. Upon review and approval of the nominations by the CMC (MM), unit diary entries will be entered by HQMC. Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance with reference (a). SDA commands will receive meritorious promotion authority for January 2018 promotions via separate correspondence. Marines already selected for the next grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade.
4. The meritorious promotion allocations for the first semi-annual period are:
Command SSgt/GySgt allocations
Marine Corps Recruiting Command
TECOM (DIs/Combat Instructors) 28/8
MCESG (Embassy Security Guards) 20/1
MCSF (Security Force Guards) 4/1
4.a. Nominations must be submitted via the Automated Message Handling SyStem (AMHS) to include the following:
Rank Name EDIPI MCC/Unit
4.b. These allocations are applicable to all Marines serving in the active component and active reserve component.
5. Meritorious promotions will be effective on 2 January 2018.
6. For enlisted promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9717 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com. Click on Compatibility View Settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This maradmin will be posted to the promotion branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine," "Manpower Management (MM)," "Promotion Branch, then "Enlisted Promotions". From there click on "Message Traffic," then "SNCO Messages," then click on the Meritorious tab.
7. Release authorized by MajGen Robert F. Castellvi, Director, Manpower Management Division.//