2016 FEDS FEED FAMILIES FOOD DRIVE CAMPAIGN
Date Signed: 6/21/2016
ALMARS Number: 019/16
R 172334Z JUN 16
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/2016 FEDS FEED FAMILIES FOOD DRIVE CAMPAIGN//
REF/A/ACTION MEMO/DON-AA/31 MAY 2016//
POC/H. L. GRIFFIN/CAPT/CHC/USN/-/TEL: COM 571-256-8455//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In support of the 8th annual "Feds Feed Families" (FFF) food drive, the Deputy Secretary of Defense has requested Department of Defense (DoD) support through donations of non-perishable food items for distribution to local food banks nationwide as a direct response to the "United We Serve” Act signed by President Obama in April 2009.
2. Commander, Marine Corps Installations Command (COMMCICOM) is designated as the Marine Corps lead organization and supported Commander for this initiative. The FFF food drive is scheduled to run through 31 Aug 2016 and is an excellent opportunity for our Marines and Civilian Marines to support their communities.
3. In 2015, the Federal Government collected 3.3 million pounds of donated food of which the Navy and Marine Corps team contributed over 830 thousand pounds. The Department of the Navy was by far the largest Department of Defense contributor.
4. Please continue to give back by donating again this year. Additional details are available through the following link: http:(slash)(slash)www.secnav.navy.mil(slash)donaa(slash)Pages(slash)Campaigns.aspx
5. Details for execution to follow via DON TRACKER.
6. Released by Lieutenant General James B. Laster, Director, Headquarters Marine Corps.//